When I logged on, I noticed the last post I published was back in June of last year. I fell off the blogging radar once again. Life became busy, school, work and life happened. The usual things happened.
I decided today is a good day to give blogging a shot yet again for the umpteenth time. After all, I am graduating in May and I should blog at least once a week to polish my writing skills. I don’t want my writing to be mediocre once I leave undergrad behind.
A quick recap of 2013:
2013 was a great year for me. It was the best year I’ve experienced so far, it had a lot of ups and downs, as life always does. However, here are the highlights:
- Got engaged
- Traveled to El Salvador for three weeks
- Had a cool summer job cleaning cottages in my beautiful home of West Michigan
- Reconnected with a long lost best friend
- Spoke at conference for Michigan Education Trust as a student representative of Ferris State University’s Ferris Youth Initiative program, a program dedicated to supporting and advocating for students who have been in foster care, along with meeting the head of DHS (Department of Human Services) and practically being offered a job after graduation
- Gaining two new furry family members
- Reconnecting with two younger brothers and my former foster family (their adoptive family)
- Started two internships- A virtual one for an online magazine dedicated to teens and young adults called iaam to complete my Journalism degree (Check out my latest article for the Anti-Bullying Campaign I’m a member of here: http://www.iaam.com/magazine/advice/AntiBullying-How-to-Put-a-Stop-to-Bullying#.UssYImRDtvY ) and I began my final internship to complete my Social Work degree at a great organization called New Journey Clubhouse
Those are the major highlights, many small highlights happened throughout the year, but these made it the best year yet. I hope to make 2014 even better.